General Awareness Sample Paper 11
Inventions and Inventors MCQs-5
1. Who invented the Seed Drill?
A. Jethro Tull
B. Arlo Guthrie
C. Woodie Guthrie
D. Thomas Hines
2. What item of apparel was invented by Ellery Chun, a Hawaiian clothing merchant, in 1931?
A. String bikini
C. Aloha shirt
D. Capri pants
Inventions and Inventors MCQs-4
1. Who invented Bifocal Lens?
A. Alfred B. Nobel
B. Thomas Alva Edison
C. Benjamin Franklin
D. Rudolf Diesel
2. For over 500 years, paper was only available and sold as single sheets. In 1902, an inventive Australian used half size sheets of paper, a bit of glue and cardboard to create the what?
C. Notice Board
D. Telephone Book
Inventions and Inventors MCQs-3
1. When was the Raggedy Ann doll patented?
2. What office item was invented by Bette Nesmith Graham in 1951?
A. Fax machine
C. Liquid Paper
D. Copy machine
Inventions and Inventors MCQs-2
1. Who invented Internal Combustion Engine?
A. Roger Bacon
B. Karl Benz
C. Dr. Alan M. Turing
2. . What furniture item was invented by California furniture designer Charles Prior Hall in 1968?
A. Sofa bed
B. Captain's chair
Inventions and Inventors MCQs-1
1. Who invented the Spinning Jenny?
A. Thornton Hargreaves
B. Peter Hargreaves
C. James Hargreaves
D. Simon Hargreaves
2. When was the first lawn mower invented?
General Knowledge Point to Point 4
1. In recent times, BYOD has been making waves in the business world, with a large number of companies opening up to the concept to enhance business productivity. BYOD stands for?
Answer: Bring Your Own Device
2. Who has been recently appointed as the new chief of NASSCOM?
Answer: Krishnakumar Natarajan
3. Recently, the High Court of which state in India had given a verdict that all new vehicles registered in the state should run on Compressed Natural Gas (CNG)?
General Knowledge Point to Point 3
1. The first to score triple century in Test cricket:
Ans. Don Bradman
2. Whose nick name was ‘Tiger of Sports’?
Ans. Mansur Ali Khan Pataudi
3. Who was known as ‘Black pearl of Football’?
4. Who was known as ‘Hockey wizard’?
Ans. Major Dhyan Chand
5. Whose nick name is ‘Payyoli express’?
General Knowledge Point to Point 2
1. Which religion’s holiest day of the year is known as ‘Yom Kippur’?
2. Which spiritual leader’s throne is the Lion Throne?
Answer: Dalai Lama
3. Which world famous throne was decorated by the Kuh-i-Nur diamond?
Answer: Takht-e Tavus (The Peacock Throne)
4. Who is the longest served Pope of the Roman Catholics?
General Knowledge Point to Point
1. Which sport is Sushil Kumar related to? Wrestling
2. Which sport is Vijay Kumar related to? Shooting
3. Venezuela’s President who passed away recently? Hugo Chavez
4. Carlos Slim is from which country? Mexico
5.Name the first man to land on the moon. Neil Armstrong